Monday, August 12, 2013

R.I.P. - Terri Harris

It is with extreme sadness that I note the passing of one of female bodybuilding's finest competitors, Texan Terri Harris.  I know I have a LOT of "favorite bodybuilders", but Terri really was one of the great ones.

I almost got the chance to meet her at Masters Nationals in July, 2011.  She was in the host hotel, standing in front of the elevators, talking to friends.  I truly wanted to meet her and tell her how great she had looked on stage, but I didn't want to interrupt her conversation with her friends.

Later, after finding her on facebook, she told me that I should have interrupted to say "hi", and to be sure to do so the next time.  Now, sadly, there will not be a next time, at least not this side of "Jordan's flood".


As I got to know Terri a bit through her posts on facebook, it became evident what a sweet, humble, and wonderful person she was.  Such a sweet spirit.

Reports vary as to whether she was 49 or 50 years of age at her death from a heart attack, but she definitely didn't look it!  She had just made her Pro debut in bodybuilding at the Tampa Pro, two short days before her death.

R.I.P., Terri Harris.  You will be sorely missed!!


































No comments: