I am well aware of the post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy. Nevertheless, this incredible accumulation of positive developments ... begins to look like some sort of happy causality.
Here are some things that have happened in my life since leaving The Episcopal church in 2007:
(1) I have lost 30 pounds of fat and have gotten into the best shape of my life ... at age 49.
(2) My kids are doing better in school. Grade up. Behaviour problems down.
(3) I've made tremendous progress on my son's Mercury Meteor project.
(4) I have been transferred to a position of greater responsibility at work.
(5) My son won a car design contest.
(6) I have made huge strides in combatting what used to be habitual sins.
(7) My band has solidified and has begun to record an album.
(8) My art work will be included as part of a video due out in July.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that good things would happen to me after leaving such a toxic environment. It only makes sense, really.