Monday, August 26, 2013

My Cumulative Progress from My Last Five Years in Bodybuilding.

I don't often quote George Bernard Shaw, but for purposes of this blog entry, I will:
“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”
In late 2007, an Anglican friend (from my parish at the time) stated that people unavoidably lose muscle mass every year after the age of 35, regardless of exercise and diet. 

To me, this sounded like the sort of defeatist thing said by the kind of person not willing to work hard enough to make progress.  

I set out to prove my friend wrong. I gained 15 pounds of muscle in 5 years. 

 June, 2008 on the left. August, 2013 on the right.

I realize that not everyone (yes, Mom, I'm talking about you!) would view this as progress.   
Tastes vary in that regard, of course.  But I am still happy about the changes I have been able to make to my physique while in my fifties.  I look forward to carrying another 15 pounds of muscle by age 60!






No comments: