Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Incredible Goodness of God

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
I shall date a super-model, and drive a Ferrari, yea, even unto days everlasting.

What ... that verse isn't in your Bible?!

Well, alright, I changed it a bit. Of course, here is how it really goes:
What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. (Psalm 116:12,13)
So, it is even better than my tongue-in-cheek modern "paraphrase" above. Infinitely more wonderful in fact. The fact of the matter is that the "payment" to God for His incredible goodness ... is to receive the very cup of salvation in the eucharist, and to have the great privilege of calling upon His name. Our "repayment" to God is to receive a yet more wonderful gift from Him!

How, then, shall we ever catch up with paying him for that? We shall not. We cannot. We need not.

Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift! (2 Corinthians 9:15)

No comments: